Frame Skipping on High-End PCs
We're aware of an issue that causes frame skipping in high-end PCs. This can manifest in a few ways:
- The screen seems to "shake" back and forth as the camera moves around the map, especially if the camera is locked to your champion movement.
- FPS is reported by the game as high, but is actually low or choppy.
The best way to resolve this is to enable a frame rate cap and turning off movement prediction in the menu. Here's how to do it:
- Enter a custom game and press ESC to open the options menu.
- Click the Video tab on the left column.
- Scroll down to find the Frame Rate Cap box, and change the cap to 60 FPS.
- Next, click the Game tab on the left column.
- Find Movement Prediction under 'Gameplay,' and make sure the box is unchecked.
- Click the Okay button at the bottom of the menu.
If you've followed these steps and you're still having frame rate issues, check out our FPS troubleshooting guide.
League of Legends