Frame Skipping on High-End PCs
We're aware of an issue that causes frame skipping in high-end PCs. This can manifest in a few ways:
- The screen seems to "shake" back and forth as the camera moves around the map, especially if the camera is locked to your champion movement.
- FPS is reported by the game as high, but is actually low or choppy.
The best way to resolve this is to enable a frame rate cap and turning off movement prediction in the menu. Here's how to do it:
- Enter a custom game and press ESC to open the options menu.
- Click the Video tab on the left column.
- Scroll down to find the Frame Rate Cap box, and change the cap to 60 FPS.
- Next, click the Game tab on the left column.
- Find Movement Prediction under 'Gameplay,' and make sure the box is unchecked.
- Click the Okay button at the bottom of the menu.
If you've followed these steps and you're still having frame rate issues, check out our FPS troubleshooting guide.