When you start the installer of the updated client, read the instructions carefully. The updated client shares files with the existing installation of LoL, and must be installed in the same location.
The installer should automatically detect where you deploy League of Legends. If the window with the installation path is empty, follow these steps to find it:
If you have a link to League of Legends on your desktop, right-click the icon and select "Open file location."
- Highlight the address bar and copy the path to the clipboard.
- Paste the path of the installer updated client and click "Next."
If you do not have a link to League of Legends on your desktop, look for lol.launcher.exe on your computer. It could also be called lol.launcher.
- Right-click on the file and select "Properties."
- Highlight the path and copy it to the clipboard.
- Paste the path of the installer alpha client and click "Next."
- Click the Search button and search for "League of Legends.app."
- Click on the application and open it.