Code Cards FAQ
What exactly is a code?
A code is an alphanumeric string that is printed on a paper card. These codes can be redeemed in the League of Legends Store to acquire awesome content. This content is sometimes only available through code card redemption.
How and where can I get a code?
Visit us at an event, such as PAX (Prime, East, and Australia), C2E2, Anime Expo, Gamescom, Dreamhack and others like it. Keep an eye out on the news, as we usually announce which events we are attending in advance. You might be able to pick something up at our LCS studio or World Championship as well!
Note: We do our best to give out codes to everyone who visits our booth at an event, but it is not always possible for various reasons. We cannot provide event codes after the event is over, so make sure to come early and grab your swag, or you will risk missing out!
Sometimes, we will also partner with other companies to include League of Legends codes with their products - i.e. Razer, PC Gamer, etc. The code will be available as a part of the service or product that they provide.
How can I redeem a code?
- Click on the Store button in the client
- Click on the Account button (the profile with a gear behind it) in the top right of the store
- Select the "Redeem Codes" category
- Enter the code in the window exactly as it appears on the card, then click Submit
My code doesn't work! What do I do?
Send us a ticket with the following information:
- The code itself
- Picture of the code card and a piece of paper that has your summoner name and the server you play on written on it
- Your Username
- Your Summoner name
- Email address that you used to sign up for League of Legends
Please note the following:
- We will not be able to help you redeem a code that was already redeemed on a different account. Codes can only be redeemed once and that includes accounts on different servers.
- Codes are not cross-regional and can only be redeemed on accounts in the region that the code is designed for.
- We do not support codes purchased or acquired from 3rd parties (i.e. outside of Riot or official partner promotions)
- We cannot redeem a code that has expired - please make sure to check the code's expiration date!
- We will not be able to redeem a retired code after July 23rd 2014.
I missed out! Can I buy the codes somewhere?
No :( The entire point of a code is to give something physical to a player in order to create a special memento of the event they attended. The content of the code, however, can sometimes become available to be purchased in the store.
Note: While some websites or individuals sell Riot code cards on the Internet, they are almost always doing so with fraudulent intent (i.e. those codes are usually redeemed, expired or stolen). As we do not support 3rd party re-sellers, please avoid buying stuff from Internet Strangers! We will not be able to help you if your 3rd party code does not work for any reason.
Over the course of League of Legends, we released hundreds of different codes for various champions and skins. Some of our older code cards did not have expiration dates, however in order to prevent fraud, we have retired all codes created before April 2014. If you have a code card that you got before April 2014, you will not be able to redeem it in the store.
Current code cards have a distinct expiration date and must be redeemed by that date.