Mystery Gifting FAQ
Mystery Gifting allows Summoners to send their friends a surprise gift. There are two different kinds of Mystery Gifting. For 490 RP, you can send your friend a random Mystery Skin for one of the champions they own, OR you can send them a random Mystery Champion they don't own. In either case, the gift will be worth at least 520 RP.
What skins are eligible for Mystery Gifting?
A skin for any Champion that your friend owns is eligible for Mystery Gifting, as long as it's worth at least 520 RP and is available in the store. This includes Legendary and even Ultimate skins! Legacy skins will also be obtainable as a Mystery Skin EXCEPT Achievement skins, Collector's Edition skins, PAX skins, Rusty Blitzcrank, Urf the Manatee, Championship Riven and Riot Squad Singed. Mythic skins that can be crafted with gemstones will not come from a Mystery Gift.
For a complete list of all the different skin types, check out our check out our Guide to Champion Skin Types.
Which Champions are eligible for a Mystery Champion Gift?
All champions that your friend doesn't own valued at 520 RP or more are eligible.
What are the requirements for gifting to friends?
- The player receiving the gift needs to have been on your buddy list for at least one day.
- The player receiving the gift cannot be banned or suspended (this includes LeaverBuster, Tribunal, etc).
- The player sending the gift must be at least level 10.
- The player sending the gift cannot be banned or suspended (this includes LeaverBuster, Tribunal, etc).
- For Mystery Skins: The player receiving the gift must have at least 10 unowned skins that they are eligible to receive for champions they own.
- For Mystery Champions: The player receiving the gift must have at least 10 unowned champions.
There are no specific restrictions for icons and ward skins.
- You can only send up to 10 gifts every 24 hours.*
- You can only receive up to 10 gifts every 24 hours.*
* After you reach your limit, you're able to purchase an 11th mystery gift 24 hours after your first purchase, a 12th mystery gift 24 hours after your second purchase, and so on. The limit does not reset at midnight.
Is it possible for my friend to receive a skin for a champion they don't own?
Nope, your friend can only receive skins for Champions they already own. For example, your friend cannot receive Jade Dragon Wukong if they don't already own Wukong as a Champion.
What about skins my friend already owns?
Your friend can only receive a skin that they don’t already own. No duplicate skins will be added to their account.
Can I give myself a Mystery Gift?
No, normally you can't send yourself a mystery gift. However, there are occasionally events that allow you to purchase mystery gifts for yourself.
Can I refund a Mystery Gift?
No. Just like regular Gifting, anything received from the Mystery Gifting feature is non-reversible and non-refundable.