The client provides players with the ability to chat with friends who are currently in an active session of League of Legends. For players in the air client, this process is as simple as opening a chat window through your buddy list.
Players in game will be able to send messages to players in the client, or even in other games of League of Legends by making use of the following chat commands:
- /mute will mute all text from a player for the duration of your current game session.
- /ignore will mute a player during this game session and all subsequent game sessions.
- /d or /dance will make your champion show off his or her dance moves!
- /j or /joke will cause your champion to make a joke.
- /t or /taunt will cause your champion to verbally taunt the enemy, complete with an aggressive pose!
- /r or /reply will allow you to reply to a private message in game.
- /w or /whisper "Summoner name" will allow you to start a conversation with a friend that is online.
- /ignore all will mute all players during this game session.
- /ignore enemy will mute all enemy players during this game session.