Only purchases within the last 90 days are eligible for a refund. When your refund is processed, you will receive the same type of currency (IP/RP) and amount of currency back that you used to make the purchase. For example, if you purchased Hecarim on sale for 487 RP, you will receive 487 RP back.
Every player has three refund tokens, which are used at your discretion in order to refund content purchased within 90 days. Each piece of content that you wish to refund will cost one token. For example, if you accidentally purchased Blood Moon Akali, it will cost you one token to refund the skin.
How do I process the refund?
You can process a refund automatically for any skin, champion, and ward skin. For instructions on how to refund other content, click here.
- Go to the store and click the Account button (the profile with a gear behind it) at the top right of the store, then select the Purchase History category.
- You will see a list of all your content purchases in the past 90 days.
- Click on the "Refund" button associated to the item you wish to return.
- Confirm that you would like to refund the item. Be absolutely positive that you would like to proceed with the refund. You are limited to only three tokens, no exceptions.
Can I have more tokens?
No. Our standard policy for a long time was to not offer refunds, and these recent changes were implemented to better assist our players. Every account is given three refund tokens in order to give Summoners an opportunity to exchange content that they regretted purchasing or bought accidentally. In other words, you are provided with three exceptions to our no refund policy, and we will not be able to provide you with more tokens once they are all used up.
Before purchasing content, we highly recommend taking a look at our previews for skins and champions in our Forums or in the Champion Spotlight videos to ensure that you are making an informed purchase.
I accidentally purchased something! Can I have a free refund?
We will not provide free refunds for accidental purchases under any circumstances. The only way for you to refund an accidentally purchased item is by using your refund token. When making a purchase, please double check to make sure you are buying your desired item. The store will prompt you to confirm before completing the purchase.
How do I refund...
For content that is eligible for a refund, but is not refundable automatically through the store, you will need to submit a request to Player Support for a manual refund. Please make sure you still have a token available and that the purchase occurred within the past 90 days. For the best results, please use the following subjects with your request.
Rune pages purchased within the last 90 days are refundable. Each rune page will count as 1 token.
TICKET SUBJECT: Rune Page Refund Request
1 group of up to 9 runes or 3 quints counts as 1 token; Single runes of different types count as 1 token per rune type.
TICKET SUBJECT: Rune Refund Request
Summoner Name Changes
This is refundable under the condition that your previous Summoner name has not been taken.
TICKET SUBJECT: Name Change Reversal
Individual Chroma skins can be refunded directly with a token. Chroma packs purchased within the last 90 days are refundable as well, but require a ticket to Player Support. Each chroma pack will count as 1 token.
TICKET SUBJECT: Chroma Pack Refund Request
Why can't I refund...
Because boosts are consumables, we do not offer any refunds for this item.
Just like boosts, account transfers are also considered a consumable item. Once you purchase an account transfer, your account will be automatically moved to the desired region. Just like boosts, because it is a consumable item, we will not be able to offer any refunds for account transfers.
We now have flexible cost bundles that automatically adjust their price based on the content you already own. Bundles have a minimum cost, but pricing is otherwise flexible.
LCS Summoner Icons
When you purchase a team icon, 20% of the price goes directly to that team and the other 80% supports esports (prizes, streaming, events, etc.).
Promotional items that you received for free, such as a skin card, are not eligible for refund through the token refund system, as they were unlocked rather than purchased.
Champion Update Refund Policy
We do NOT offer refunds for any visual or gameplay updates for champions. For more information about this policy, please check out our Champion Update Schedule article.
Refunds for Compromised Accounts
Once the account is recovered, we will refund all purchases made while your account was compromised. This will not consume any refund tokens, and we will restore the number of tokens your account had before it was compromised. To read more information about recovering your account, please take a look at the following links: