Queue dodging happens when a player in champion select decides to leave the lobby for any reason. When one player dodges, the remaining players on both teams are placed back into the matchmaking queue and the leaving player suffers a penalty depending on the game queue they are currently in. Please find the list of penalties below:
Solo/Flex Ranked Queue
- 1 queue dodge: 6 minute queue penalty. Lose 3 LP.
- 2+ queue dodges: 30 minute queue penalty. Lose 10 LP.
Ranked Teams Queue (3v3 only)
- 1 queue dodge: 1 minute queue penalty. Lose 10 LP.
- 2+ queue dodges: 60 minute queue penalty. Lose 10 LP.
Classic (Normal) Queue
- 1 queue dodge: 6 minute queue penalty.
- 2+ queue dodges: 15 minute queue penalty.
- 1 queue dodge: 15 minute penalty. Lose all used rerolls.
- 2+ queue dodges: 30 minute penalty. Lose all used rerolls.
Dodging in any promotional series will count as a loss. The series will end if it is the determining loss.
If a player dodges in a normal game and then dodges in a ranked game, the penalty for the ranked dodge will be the same as if there were two dodges.
Dodging in the ARAM queue will not refund rerolls used by the dodger. Please note that players that used rerolls and someone else in their game dodges will have theirs returned to them.
Failing to 'lock in' pick/ban in the Solo/Flex Ranked Queue will result in a dodge.
Ready Check and ranked games
When a matchmaking system finds suitable opponents, a "Ready Check" is performed. A Match Found! window appears to confirm that you are ready to play. In order to prevent abuse, there is a penalty for missing a Ready Check too many times, which results in a timed queue ban and LP loss if you are playing in a Ranked queue. The exact penalties are described below:
- Declining or missing the Ready Check too many times in a Ranked queue will result in a 6 minute ban from all queues and a loss of 3 LP.
- The penalty is increased to 10 LP for continuing to miss Ready Checks.
- Each subsequent miss increases the lenght of the timed queue ban and imposes a 10 LP penalty.
Please note: Ready Checks penalties from any queue affects the entire account. Any penalties from normal queues will carry over to Ranked queues and may result in harsher penalties.