Email Verification FAQ
Email verification is a security measure in which the email address associated to your League of Legends account is authenticated. This will ensure that you are able to recover forgotten passwords and usernames with ease. Additionally, unauthorized changes to your email address and password can be prevented.
|Why should I do it?|
|How do I verify my email address?|
|Help! The wrong email was verified!|
|Error Invalid Email Token|
Why should I verify my email address?
Email verification is the first step to making your League of Legends account more secure. It will improve your protection against phishing links and subsequent malware that may be be on your computer. The direct benefits you will receive when you go through the email verification process include:
- The ability to authorize email and password changes
- Easy and secure recovery of forgotten passwords and usernames
How do I verify my email address?
- Go to leagueoflegends.com.
- After logging in, click on your Summoner name in the top right hand corner.
- Click on Settings in the drop down menu.
- Under Account Protection, make sure that your email address is correct. This is where your verification email will be sent. Click on the blue "Verify" button once you are ready to proceed.
- An email will be sent to the email address you have specified. This email will provide you with a link to complete the verification process.
- Congratulations! You have verified your email. You will now receive any account notifications and confirmations through this verified email. :)
What if someone verifies their email address on my account?
Don't worry -- we can help! If your account is currently compromised and you believe an incorrect email address was verified on your account, please follow the Account Recovery steps as usual and we will be happy to further assist you. For more information about this process, see the following articles:
- Recovering Your Account
- Protecting Your Account
Here are some other articles that may be useful as you recover your account:
- Recovering Your Username
- Recovering Your Password
Error: "Invalid Email Token"
If you have requested multiple verification links to your email address, the old email tokens will expire and the latest one you requested will be the only valid token. If you happen to use an expired token, you will receive the "Invalid Email Token" error.
Please look for the latest verification email that you were sent to ensure that you are using the most recent link. Be sure to check your spam folder before requesting for another token.