Before recovering your account
Please check the server status forums for potential server downtime. During a server downtime you would not be able to log into your account, or recover any of your account information. However, you would still be able to browse the forums. (When opening League of Legends, if the launcher says “Unavailable”, that usually means our servers are not reachable at that time.)
What to do
Please Follow These Steps to Recover Your Account:
- Make sure you have an account and are trying to log onto the correct server.
- Recover your username through the email address associated with your account.
- Recover your password by entering your username (not your Summoner name).
If you have followed these instructions and still cannot recover your account please proceed with the following:
Submit a ticket with the subject line "Unrecoverable Account" from the email address that you used to sign up for your account. Make sure to provide us with the following information about the account you are trying to recover. From there we will work with you to verify ownership of the account:
- Account Name (the name you log into the LoL client with):
- Summoner Name (the name your friends see in-game):
- The server you play on (NA, EU-West or EU-Nordic/East):
- When was the last time that you had access to the account (Month/Day/Year):
- Creation date of the account (Month and Year):
- Original email address used to register the account:
- Location where you registered the account (City and Country):
- List of locations that you have played on this account(City and Country):
- Last IP address used to play League of Legends - http://whatsmyip.net/
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)/Internet Carrier when registering the account:
- Other people who have ever had access to the account:
- How did you first come into possession of the account:
- Location of RP purchases (City and Country):
- Approximate dates of most recent RP purchases:
- Email address linked to PayPal account:
- Unique PayPal transaction IDs associated with purchase(s):
- Phone number(s), mobile provider, and country used for SMS transactions:
- Any PaySafe Card PIN/Transaction IDs:
- Any Prepaid RP card PINs:
- The last 4 digits and expiration date of any credit card(s) used to purchase RP:
- Any transaction or confirmation numbers received via email for this account:
While recovering your account
Why is this taking so long?
Please keep in mind that this verification process does take quite some time because the information you provide is meticulously looked over by our specialists. For security purposes, you may be asked more questions to further the verification process.
Why are there so many questions? I can’t remember a lot of this information!
We understand that a lot of the information we ask for is difficult to remember, and we ask many questions to give players various opportunities to provide any information that may help verify their ownership. If you are having trouble with any particular question, remember that it is more valuable to estimate, mention anything that you remember, or provide context rather than skipping a question completely.
My Summoner name was changed! Will this be reversed?
For most cases, yes. Once your account is recovered, please let us know about your Summoner name, and we will be happy to change it back to what you had previously.
What do I do if unauthorized charges are being made from my compromised account?
Please let us know during the account recovery process! If the charges were made on your credit card, specify any charges that you noticed, and we will be happy to further investigate the issue.
If you find monetary purchases on your account that you did not make, and were not charged to you, it is still vital that you inform us, as this may cause future billing issues for your account.